De Blasio lashes out: 9/11 truth getting noticed thanks to Building 7 ballot initiative


De Blasio calls ballot initiative "insensitive" and "inappropriate."

De Blasio calls ballot initiative “insensitive” and “inappropriate.”

By Craig McKee

New York Mayor Bill De Blasio has made it official: the effort to force the City of New York to investigate the destruction of Building 7 is having a significant effect on the profile of the 9/11 Truth Movement.

The mayor recently lashed out at the efforts to get a question on the ballot in the November municipal election that would, if it passes, impose a change to the city’s charter. The change would force the city’s Department of Buildings to investigate all high-rise collapses retroactive to Sept. 11, 2001. Exempted would be the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.

In an article in Crain’s New York Business, de Blasio said: “From what I’ve heard, it’s absolutely ridiculous. And it’s inappropriate, after all the suffering that went on 9/11 and since. It seems to be this is a very insensitive and inappropriate action.”

The article is one of a number that have emerged as the mainstream media starts to actually cover the story. The effort, called the High-Rise Safety Initiative, is being organized by the NYC Coalition for Accountability Now (NYC CAN). The campaign needed 30,000 signatures to hit the initial target for getting the initiative considered by the city council, and another 15,000 by Sept. 5 to override any decision by council to reject the initiative.

So far more than 67,000 names have been collected. The additional signatures are important since not all of the names collected will prove to be valid.

The media coverage has been a mixed bag, although not has hostile as the movement has become accustomed to – particularly after the horribly biased CNN report by Jake Tapper on the AE911Truth initiative to distribute alternative pamphlets outside the 9/11 memorial and museum.

The Crains article refers to the campaign as the “so-called High-Rise Safety Initiative.”

The Wall Street Journal writes that as a result of the initiative, the city might be forced to “reopen the probe” into Building 7’s destruction (not really accurate). Ny1.com acknowledged that the campaign is “quickly gaining attention,” and the tone of its piece was reasonably neutral except for a predictable reference to a “cottage industry of conspiracy theories” arising after 9/11.

Gothamist.com did the best job of reporting the details of the story and even took a shot at the 9/11 museum with their opening sentence: “Out of the cheese plate, onto the ballot.” This is a reference to what gothamist.com calls the museum gift shop’s “most tasteless souvenir” – a cheese plate in the shape of the United States with the 9/11 “crash sites” marked.

The New York Post, which calls 9/11 “the ultimate conspiracy theory,” refers to NYC CAN as a “group funded by 9/11 conspiracy theorists”

Salon, says New Yorkers will finally get to vote “on whether they want to expend time, money and effort toward deducing who’s really responsible for the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.”

Who’s “really” responsible? That’s interesting. They also say that Walter said he doesn’t believe the government was involved in 9/11. I hope that’s not true.

And, on nbcnewyork.com, an Associated Press report quotes de Blasio as say he is planning to block the initiative from getting on the ballot. If the group gets enough valid signatures, he won’t have any choice in the matter.

The report on Building 7 by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, released in 2008, attributed the destruction of the building to a “new phenomenon” – thermal expansion leading to a progressive collapse due to fire. If true, then the obvious question that would arise would be: Why aren’t any changes being made to how high-rise buildings are constructed?

A required financing plan has been created to cover how investigations would be funded if the initiative passes in November. The petition proposes a 0.9% surcharge on the cost of building permits in the city that would raise an estimated $1 million per year to operate the program. The surcharge would be suspended once the amount in the fund reaches $3 million and would be reinstated should the fund drop below $1 million.

If the initiative does make it on to the ballot, it still has to pass before any probe into Building 7 can be forced. And if it does pass, then NYC CAN has to follow up to ensure that the city is doing a proper investigation.

The media coverage of the High-Rise Safety Initiative has been superficial and intermittently snarky, but overall it has been a very positive development – including the comments of the mayor. Even as we near the 13th anniversary of 9/11, the issues raised by the Truth Movement are getting noticed, sometimes with very negative coverage, sometimes less so. But the message to the general public is that we’re still around and we’re still pushing for the truth.

 

37 comments

  1. As I said on Facebook:

    This [particular article] is actually pretty balanced. NYC CAN isn’t referred to as a “conspiracy group,” but a group “comprised of 9/11 victims.” Also, after stating what the official reports concluded, the article goes on to cite very strong reasons as to why those reports are challenged. Most articles will concluded by telling us what the official conclusions were, as if to imply that the official reports are true and that this effort is a waste of time. As with the Geraldo/Szamboti/McIlvaine TV segment, the irony here is that the most fair article of coverage is from a FOX affiliate.

    http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25984544/coalition-proposes-ballot-referendum-to-investigate-911

  2. In response to the hit pieces and the mayor’s comments in response to this initiative, someone once uttered some words, and those words come to mind in this context:

    “It is an honor to be the target of the war machine’s disinformation program.”

    1. We can always agree to disagree. I don’t doubt a plane hit the Pentagon. I talked to too many people even one’s I know and 1 relative who saw the plane well before it hit. i wanted to let you know something that was going around DC just before 9-11. Rumor was W was having a fit in the White house his Dad had to fly in. I don’t know anymore but remember that vividly. Someday a staffer might be able to tell who set him off. Take Care.

      1. I can agree that this comment from ‘I was up the Street in Crystal City at the Time’, is hearsay and nothing more. Essentially this anonymous poster is saying he/she didn’t see anything but others also unnamed did. Lol
        \\][//

  3. Insensitive? If buildings can spontaneously collapse for no reason, it would be insensitive to future victims to not do something about it, would it not?

      1. I agree, de Blasio stood up and is now identified as a traitor. He is just a puppet.
        I am a 911 Victim Family member and de Blasio’s remarks made me vomit.
        “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” JFK
        De Blasio better think long and hard about this. His masters don’t give a rat’s arse about him.
        They don’t mind if he is a target. That’s his job.

      2. “Insensitive” is actually quite an Orwellian term.

        It is in fact the MSM’s job to act as a psychological sedative to desensitize the ‘viewing audience’. It is a large part of the technique of overdosing with emotional trauma; an ongoing perpetual Psyop – Low Intensity Warfare and Strategy of Tension.
        \\][//

  4. Thanks for the coverage, Craig. Please note that the following statement from your article is not entirely accurate: “If the group gets enough valid signatures, he [De Blasio] won’t have any choice in the matter.” There is still the issue as to whether the substance of the petition is valid under NY Home Rule law. Given De Blasio’s open hostility toward the Initiative, and the City’s history in dealing with prior Home Rule initiatives, a rejection of the petition by the City Clerk would not be surprising. However, the petition has been expertly drafted to sustain such a challenge. It would be up to the state courts (not federal district court where Hellerstein reigns) to decide the matter. An experienced election lawyer who is quite familiar with the petition is standing by and ready to initiate a lawsuit vs NYC, if the Clerk rejects the Initiative on signature and/or substantive grounds. NYC would be represented by De Blasio’s Law Department which, under Rudolph Giuliani, was headed by NYC Corporation Counsel Michael Hess. If you and the readers here may recall, on 9/11, Hess had been trapped in Building 7 along with the late Barry Jennings, and corroborated Jennings’ testimony that explosions preceded the “collapse” of Building 7. See e.g., http://www.ae911truth.org/en/news-section/41-articles/633-barry-jennings-revisited.html

    1. Craig,
      re: “They [Salon] also say that [Ted] Walter [NYC CAN’s Executive Director] said he doesn’t believe the government was involved in 9/11. I hope that’s not true.” The Salon article says, “Pushed by the [NY] Post to explain who, exactly, he believes was involved in the building’s collapse, if not al-Qaida, Walter demurred. He did say, however, that he didn’t believe the government was involved.” So what we are talking about here is Salon reporting on what the NY Post said. The Post article has no exact quote. Knowing the Post, my take is that they got it wrong. Or perhaps they intentionally turned a statement like this: “We’re not making any accusations as to who might have been involved, whether inside or outside the government…” into a statement re Ted’s beliefs.

    2. My point was that if they get enough signatures then de Blasio won’t simply be able to reject the initiative. With sufficient signatures any such attempt can be overridden. Yes, there are other ways he can try to block it, but that doesn’t mean any of those will be successful.

  5. “…very insensitive and inappropriate action.”

    What’s insensitive and inappropriate is that dog and pony show that was buried under the concrete at the WTC site called a ‘museum’ which is nothing more than a way to separate yokels from their cash.

    Don’t forget, DiBlasio also pledged to protect Israel after he was elected.

  6. Well, it’s surely a dead give-away of the demolition scheme taking control of the demolition of Building 7. The lateral length of the building collapsing proves that controlled demolition took it down. Larry Silverstein even admitted to it after the collapse.

  7. “Both the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Institute of Standards and Technology have investigated 7 WTC and determined it was brought down by fire.
    “We still stand 100 percent behind the findings of our investigation into the collapse of 7 World Trade Center,” NIST spokesperson Michael Newman told The Post.
    NYC CAN tried the same ballot stunt in 2009 but didn’t have enough signatures.” ~NYPost
    http://nypost.com/2014/07/09/911-conspiracy-group-pushes-vote-for-investigation/
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _________ __ _

    I commented on this NYPost article on the initiative on the other thread. I find it extremely biased – especially calling the initiative a “stunt”.

    The Post seems to have the opinion that citizen participation of their government is a “stunt”…
    …a blatantly insensitive and elitist attitude – an attitude that I think should be pointed out with bright lights and hounding remarks.
    \\][//

    1. ““Both the Federal Emergency Management Agency … determined it was brought down by fire.”~NYPost

      This claim is hyperbole when one looks at the details of the FEMA report:

      “The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse remain unknown at this time. Although the total diesel fuel on the premises contained massive potential energy, the best hypothesis has only a low probability of occurrence. Further research, investigation, and analyses are needed to resolve this issue.” — Chapter 5

      World Trade Center Building Performance Study, fema.gov.

      Note; by the time the Report was published, calling for further research, investigation, and analyses, nearly all of the structural steel had been recycled.
      \\][//

  8. I certainly hope this puts tons of pressure on the lackeys in NYC who still participate in the ongoing cover-up of 9/11. I hope it puts the same amount of pressure on their structural integrity as the explosives in WTC 7 did on its support columns. I hope De Blasio and the other co-conspirators are forced to nakedly expose their blatant and flagrant complicity in the cover-up in order to stop this initiative. I further hope that this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

    I have no illusions however and have no doubt these scum sucking dog traitors will lie cheat and steal or even kill to prevent this from happening. I am sure they are already grooming a Zelekow type to spike the investigation if it were to happen. I suggest we watch closely what happens to the staff at the NYC Department of Buildings to see who gets moved out and who gets moved in while this is being decided.

  9. “Insensitive and inappropriate?”

    …The truth?

    De Blasio seriously from the bottom of my heart screw you man!

    P.S. Thank God Hellerstein isn’t going to get his grubby mitts on this, what a traitor scumbag he is too!

  10. It’s ironic that the people behind this High-Rise Safety Initiative are the people who have spent the last decade fighting tooth and nail against the idea that there were any lessons to be learned about high-rise building safety. Everything was perfectly safe and secure and impervious to any threat from fire and no explanation of building collapse was to be tolerated – unless it involved explosives. Even those who explored the idea that there might be something to learn were to be denigrated and traduced for even suggesting such a thing.
    As for Mr. Ruff, those looking for something to undermine the credibility of those proposing this initiative and the people supporting it, would surely find nothing in his urbane, reasonable and sane comments posted here.

    1. What is truly ironic here is that Agent Wright has dismissed with a handwave all of the evidence of, not only explosive demolitions as the cause of the destruction of WTC, but the clear and blatant malfeasance of the several reports from NIST.

      Perhaps now Agent Wright can point us to a single instance in the change of building codes as a result of these NIST reports.
      \\][//

    2. If perchance Agent Wright doesn’t grasp the information above having to do with eutectic actions on the steel; it is physical evidence of thermite arson.
      \\][//

  11. Agent Wright should be aware that there was Eutectic disfiguring of steel beams from WTC 7.

    An Initial Microstructural Analysis of A36 Steel from WTC Building 7
    J.R. Barnett, R.R. Biederman, and R.D. Sisson, Jr.

    ANALYSIS

    “Rapid deterioration of the steel was a result of heating with oxidation in combination with intergranular melting due to the presence of sulfur. The formation of the eutectic mixture of iron oxide and iron sulfide lowers the temperature at which liquid can form in this steel. This strongly suggests that the temperatures in this region of the steel beam approached ~1,000ºC, forming the eutectic liquid by a process similar to making a “blacksmith’s weld” in a hand forge.”
    [Note: This article is actually an appendix to the FEMA Report on #7]

    http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Biederman/Biederman-0112.html

    \\][//

  12. APPENDIX C : Limited Metallurgical Examination – Jonathan Barnett, Ronald R. Biederman, R. D. Sisson, Jr. of Worcester Polytechnic Institute

    It is in this examination that the first evidence of ‘Thermite Arson’ is revealed in this report by the discovery of iron – aluminum rich microspheres, and the signature of eutectic corrosive attack on the steel samples tested.

    A further exposition is given by Jerry Lobdill, June 2007:
    http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/200704/JLobdillThermiteChemistryWTC.pdf

    \\][//

      1. It has just been a week. And you’ll have a new post very soon. My month-long gap last time was because of a big writing project I was working on. I’m actually working on three different posts at the same time. Still don’t know which one will go up. And they’re all as different as they could be.

        1. Yea Craig…it’s this damned time machine I am using, I keep forgetting I come back a little later than I left so I don’t take the chance of meeting myself here.. It causes some confusion as to what the actual date is.

          It’s really weirder than you’ll ever believe out there in the future… I think I’ll stay here and now for awhile. I think they are on to me out there.
          So I will be stable here, and not get anxious. Thanks for the update.
          Lol
          \\][//

  13. THE REVELATION OF THE METHOD

    Ancient occult ‘liability/indemnity clause’.

    Remember; “Ignorance is no excuse under the Law”.

    \\][//

    1. July 20th 2014 has come and gone though so did the IMF do something on the 20th I am not aware of?

      On a side note this globalist scumbag Legarde is a strong contender for Der Furor of France. Watch and see.

      1. Lagarde did not isolate the IMF as the actor that would “do something” Adam. She indicated that there would be the beginnings of world changes at this time. Do keep in mind that whether IMF “acts” in some manner is a factor that cannot be seen from the outside. The very fact that IMF gave this message back in January is an “act” in the since of coded messaging.

        Is nothing important of extraordinary going on now? The Empire and the Ruskies seem to be toe to toe. Gaza is still being pummeled – perhaps for the ‘final solution’ there….

        But when the world is so fucked up, and things are so persistently bizarre, it is hard to distinguish between “weird and weirder”. But there is a lot of talk of WWIII going ’round. Of course THAT is not something so new either.

        But this is Strangelovian enough to throw in the mix here for consideration:

        –“You’ve got a Russian government that has made a conscious decision to use its military force inside another sovereign nation to achieve its objectives. It’s the first time since 1939 or so that that’s been the case…”~Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey
        — At Aspen Security Forum on July 24,2014
        http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/07/25/gen-dempsey-were-pulling-out-our-cold-war-military-plans-over-ukraine

        \\][//

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s